Level 1/2/3/4/5 Clearance Required
Assigned Research Personnel Authorized Visual
research.png

Research Database
Dr. Steven Murphy Projects
Project "Null" - Lead Researcher: "Dr. Steven Murphy" - Advancement #2
Beginning Log:

"Good evening,

My name is Dr. Steven Murphy, a researcher of Site-73. With my previous advancement in my project, being gathering the sample of SCP-106, I was prepared to begin the first actual test.
This is what happened.

I gathered liquid death from SCP-294 and gathered my sample of SCP-106. I grabbed a few things; some simple tools, a stand for the vial, a large metal plate, gloves and safety glasses. Once everything was set up, the stand for the vial was placed on top of the large metal place and the vial was placed within the stand. Now, began the test. I was able to transfer a small amount of liquid death into the vial containing SCP-106 carefully and without any issues. At first, it was quite anti-climactic. It at first seemed like the sample of SCP-106 was diluting, began to liquefy more and had no other reactions. Though, shortly after it picked up quite rapidly. After observing it for a brief moment, it began to bubble and make a hissing noise, quite similar to boiling water.
As I watched, it began to quickly dissolve the vial it was contained in. I feared that it may become a mess and cause issues so I grabbed the metal plate it was on carefully and moved it to the expulsion chamber. I placed it on the floor and continued to observe it. It rapidly burnt through the rest of the vial before it came to a rest. I ran to a cabinet grabbing a infrared thermometer to check if the temperature was high. As I returned, I noticed the mixture began to bubble up once more and rapidly dissolve the thick metal plate. I checked the temperature and noticed it was quite high sitting at 220.9c and readied the expulsion chamber. The mixture went through the rest of the metal plate, the same effect as the vial it bubbled and hissed. Though, unfortunately I was required to activate the expulsion chamber as the mixture was continuously burning through materials and had begun to burn through the expulsion chamber.

My belief is that it's likely going to have a rather large difference once it's utilized against the actual SCP-106 due to SCP-106's regenerative abilities. The absence of regenerative abilities in the SCP-106 sample definitely gave us a little bit of a different result, though it did tell me that there is a possibility of SCP-106 temporarily obtaining a more toxic SCP-106 goop.

That is all."