What character(s) do you play?

Paul Richter

What is your SteamID?

STEAM_0:1:176432856

What is your timezone?

CST

Are you 14 years of age or older

Yes

Current play time on the server? (You must have a minimum of 5 Days on the server)

1 Week, 23 Hours, 10 Minutes

EC Based Questions

Why do you want to join the EC team? (200 word minimum)

In short, I want to tell stories.

What I mean by this is that I want to use narrative devices to allow for the exploration of certain concepts that I believe aren't explored enough today. Everything from love, death, hopelessness, happiness, fear, anger, sorrow, joy, contentedness, acceptance, and so many more! I wish to explore not just these concepts but how players react to them. How people react to them. I want to give players on the server the chance to explore these concepts themselves. to see how it affects their character, how it would change that character.

To do this, I intend to build stories and events around certain concepts. For example, something the both factions cannot stop kills civilians slowly and painfully as they are helpless to watch (still trying to figure out how such an event would play out without being boring or overly grotesque), an anomaly that will die unless its re-united with its lover (also an anomaly) that seeks the foundations help in its search, the final moments of one of the last humans in the far future seems to be picked up on only the most broad of radio frequencies before it must be confronted directly as their ship crashes nearby.

There may be some similarities between events, but the main thing that makes all of these similar, is that they explore a theme that many on this server dont often think about. Hopelessness, a lost love, and facing the inevitable with grace.

As such, I wish to use these stories, these themes, to broaden the range of thought that exists on this server. Make it less "go kill these guys because they wear a different uniform, go kill that guy because he disagreed with what we wanted to do and didn't help us" and instead, open the door to more emotional development and consideration of complex thought through compelling stories that they themselves are a part of.

Why should we accept you in the EC team?

Because I am dedicated to helping others develop a character as well as themselves through stories that I can tell. A story is one of the best ways to explore a concept, It can be fun and engaging, or saddening and heartfelt.

On a scale of 1-10, how well do you know the Gmod tools?

6-7/10

What is the purpose of the EC Team?

It is very common for there to be periods of downtime where everyone doesn't really have anything to do and very little to roleplay. As such, it in an EC's job to create a catalyst for this roleplay to happen. Weather it be through an event, enhancing RP through the use of props or other EC powers, or just talking to people while maintaining character, its an EC's job to stimulate roleplay.

If accepted into the EC team, do you have any event ideas that you would like to host?

Yes, I actually mentioned it in a previous question.

I want to create a semi-passive roleplay event in which the foundation as well as CI and TIU begins to receive strange radio signals that are barely able to be picked up. No specific source can be located. These messages contain small hints to the fate of one of the last humans in existence in the far future. After allowing the players to attempt to decipher these hints, all factions would begin receiving alerts from the government that what appears to be an asteroid was detected and would be impacting soon. This asteroid would in fact be the vessel containing the corpse of the last human.

Upon impact, several pieces could be located around surface, as well as the majority of the ship itself. They will be able to explore the ship to learn about the life of the final human, solving puzzles to slowly gain access to more of the ship until they can finally access the bridge, where an AI companion to the person was housed, who they can interact and learn more about what happened upon powering it up.

There are many smaller details that I have regard top this event, please DM me on discord for more information as I don't wish to reveal every secret here.

EC Rules

Do you understand that your event ideas may be denied by SEC's and LEC's, even if it was previously accepted?

Yes

Do you understand that abusing your EC abilities will result in removal from the EC, and may result in a ban?

Yes

Do you understand that if you are caught using blacklisted props or models, you will receive a punishment?

Yes

Communication

Do you have a mic?

Yes

Do you have TS3?

Yes

Do you have a Discord account?

Yes

EC meetings will be held weekly on Saturday at 3:30 PM EST, will you be able to attend these meetings?

Yes

Do you understand that your steam name will be required to be changed to [ZP] [NAME] [TEC]?

Sadly that would not be possible for me as I use this steam account to participate in online gaming tournaments along with providing support to a team and according to the rules, my name cannot be used as an advertisement or for a sponsorship.

If this is an issue I will not pursue this application any further.

Good evening! we are reviewing your app. if you have any questions please message a SEC or the LEC have a lovely day!

Good evening! We are happy to inform you your application have been accepted please contact myself on discord via Lune_light or a SEC or the LEC via ratba_tard on discord to get set up. On behalf of the Event team welcome to the SCPRP EC Team!

Status
Not open for further replies.